When your car’s check engine light comes on, do you put a piece of black tape over it and forget about it, or do you take your car directly to a mechanic to diagnose a potential issue? Ignoring car problems can lead to costly repairs, or worse yet, complete engine failure.
Now apply that same logic to your body. Wouldn’t it be great if it came with a ‘check body’ light? Wait…it does. They’re called biometric measures – blood pressure, blood glucose, cholesterol, etc. When they aren’t quite right, they can act as early warning signals. The odds of developing chronic conditions and potentially fatal diseases go way up when you ignore them.
So now, the question becomes, “Why not get a biometric screening?” It’s so easy and convenient. These comprehensive screenings are provided at your workplace and are included as part of your company’s health plan. You gain insight into the status of your health, knowledge of potential risk factors for serious problems, and an awareness of wellness programs to reduce risks and achieve better health.
BIOMETRIC SCREENING INCLUDES:
• Single-station Screening – The complete screening is conducted in a private station with a credentialed healthcare professional.
• Finger-stick Blood Draw – This quick, relatively painless method of blood draw allows for immediate results analysis.
– Cholesterol & Glucose
– Blood Pressure
– Height/Weight/Body Mass Index (BMI)
– Waist Circumference
• Results Coaching & Medical Recommendations – A credentialed healthcare professional reviews the test results, explains your health status/at-risk range, and identifies steps you can take to improve your scores.
Being screened annually could potentially save your life by lowering the odds of your ‘check body’ light coming on. Moreover, by participating, you will save money on your health insurance premiums.
• EARLY HEALTH RISKS IDENTIFICATION – if you lack the time or motivation, it’s a convenient way to get your regular preventive health exam with instant results.
• HEALTH EDUCATION – potential risk factors and recommendations for preventing or controlling conditions are clearly explained with each test.
• COACHING – qualified health coaches refer you to available health and wellness programs that target your specific needs.
• QUALITY AND CONSISTENCY – strict clinical oversight and quality control assures that you’ll receive accurate test results.
• SEAMLESS INTEGRATION – all data is collected electronically and automatically populated into your health assessment.
• ACTIONABLE REPORTING – your detailed report clearly identifies risks with recommendations for action.
Prevention plays a vital role in your health care. To catch problems early, it’s important to get preventive screenings and annual checkups. And, don’t forget that your in-network preventive care is 100% covered! It’s never too late to start your journey to become a healthier you. Your good health is important.