We’re on our way to the best summer ever! Start getting in a healthy mindset for the season to come with these 18 summer health tips.
1. Stay hydrated and drink plenty of fluids.
2. Stay out of direct sunlight for prolonged periods of time (especially if you’re on a medication or antibiotic that increases your skin’s sensitivity to sunlight).
3. Wear sunglasses! Your eyes can get sunburned too.
4. Get on a healthy sleep schedule and limit screen time at night.
5. Apply SPF 30 sunscreen or higher (even if it’s cloudy). UV rays are strongest between the hours of 10 AM and 4 PM.
6. Buy an aloe vera plant for skincare after sun exposure.
7. Schedule outdoor events early in the morning when the air is fresh and the sun is lower in the sky.
8. Beware of food-borne illnesses which increase with warmer weather. Keep picnic food in a cooler or on ice.
9. Keep up with exercising but be conscious of exhaustion, dehydration or heat stroke.
10. Plan a personal vacation.
11. Practice water safety. Wear life vests when out at the river or lake and swim safely.
12. Practice fire safety – from campfires to barbecues to fireworks.
13. Take advantage of getting nutrients through in-season summer fruits. Shop at your local farmers market.
14. Remember – alcohol and the sun don’t mix. It can cause faster dehydration and impaired judgement.
15. Find refreshing low-sugar drink options. Lemonades and sweet teas are summer favorites but can be loaded with added sugars. As a substitute, infuse water with seasonal fruits.
16. Make a family doctors appointment. Take advantage of the free time when kids are on summer vacation and schedule check-ups for your whole family.
17. Disconnect from the stress with personal time and meditation.
18. Skip the ice cream. Make fruit pops.
Bonus Tip: All of these health tips are easier to follow when we do it together!
Share these health tips with your family, friends and coworkers. Tell your summer health goals to an accountability buddy and you’ll be set up for success. Let’s all practice wellness, health and safety this summer – together!
At Aliat, health is at the core of everything we do.
Our mission is to create a preventive mindset. Through health risk screenings and wellness education, we help employees make lifestyle changes before health conditions become a burden on finances and quality of life. We aim to give the business owner control over healthcare rate increases with incentivized wellness programs and our Freedom to Fly guarantee. What’s the result? Healthier workplace cultures that drive employee happiness and productivity. Learn more about us.